Moving can be a stressful and emotional process. The furniture you purchased for your living room and bedroom, the refrigerator and microwave, the fine china and glassware from your wedding, your favorite shoes and jeans, even the small trinkets you’ve collected in your travels all need to be wrapped, packed, sealed, marked and loaded onto one or two moving trucks. Regardless of whether you’re a minimalist or have a hard time throwing things away, it takes time, patience and care to pack your belongings carefully and safely so all your precious memories remain intact. That’s why we at Georgia Pack and Load Moving and Storage, Inc. have devised a few moving tips to help your move go smoothly. Although we provide this service for you, these tips will help if you want to save money and pack for yourself.
Moving tips for packing furniture:
- In order to assure that your furniture arrives unscathed, we recommend wrapping them with blankets or bubble wrap. We also don’t place tape directly on wood or painted surfaces when securing the padding to the furniture.
- To prevent scratching, coat fine wood furnishings with wax.
- Place sofa cushions in garbage bags to provide filler in the moving truck.
Moving tips for packing electronics:
- Try to repack your computers and equipment in their original boxes. If possible, attempt to double box your electronics.
- Moving parts should be immobilized and wires should be color-coded to allow easier reinstallation.
- Keep CDs and software with you since these items don’t keep well when moving during warmer seasons.
Moving tips for packing dishes and glassware:
- Pack plates on their edges and try to place dishtowels or other cushioning on the bottom and sides of the boxes
- Wrap dishes and glassware in tissue and fill in empty spaces with newspaper to provide more padding.
Georgia Pack and Load has been providing moving tips and moving services for individuals, couples and families for the past 13 years. Our moving tips and packing expertise has helped salvage everything from a prized heirloom to stereos.
Contact us today at 770-409-8890 for a free estimate and for more moving tips before your big day.